Welborne Garden Village will be a distinct new community set apart from, but connected to, Fareham.
Enjoying a superb location close to the major cities along the south coast, Welborne forms a significant part of Fareham Borough Council's housing strategy which ensures there are enough homes to meet demand for the next 20-25 years.
Importantly, led by modern Garden Village principles and local aspirations, Welborne will be designed for 21st century living. Four distinct character areas will complement the natural landscape and create a sense of place. A thriving Village Centre and supporting neighbourhood hubs with a range of shops and services will combine to ensure the day-to-day needs of individuals, families, visitors and the community are all met.
The Council has ambitions to help build more new homes and to help more people realise their dream of owning their own home through a variety of initiatives.
This is one of the reasons to put communities at the heart of this community-creating programme and create a new self-sustaining, great and desirable place to live at Welborne. This will be something of which we hope we can all be proud.
Welborne Garden Village will benefit from:
- Up to 6,000 new homes all within a three minute walk of allotments and open spaces
- 5,735 new jobs
- New community and health facilities including a community building and smaller community hub
- One new secondary school and three new primary schools
- New sports facilities
- New play areas and allotments
- 270 acres (108 hectares) of natural green space
- 1,000,000ft2 (97,250m2) allocated for office, light industrial and warehouse space
- Major improvements to Junction 10 on the M27