Council receives £300K for Welborne Garden Village
- 13 February 2019
- Fareham Borough Council has been awarded £300K in capacity funding to help bring forward Welborne Garden Village. The funding was announced earlier today by Housing Minister Kit Malthouse MP as part of a £9 million cash injection.
Consultation announced for Welborne Planning Application
- 10 January 2019
- Fareham Borough Council has confirmed receipt of amendments to the outline planning application submitted by Buckland Development Ltd in 2017 in respect of Welborne Garden Village.
Proposed railway station for Welborne Garden Village
- 2 February 2018
- Fareham Borough Council has been working with Network Rail with a view to bringing a railway station to Welborne Garden Village.
Funding boost for Welborne Garden Village and M27
- 1 February 2018
- Fareham Borough Council has been awarded £10m in Government funding to help deliver vital road improvements for Welborne Garden Village.
Welborne Garden Village gets a £275,000 Boost
- 6 December 2017
- Welborne Garden Village will receive £275,000 from the Government. The news was announced by Housing and Planning Minister Alok Sharma MP.
Council bids for £10M housing infrastructure grant
- 02 October 2017
- Fareham Borough Council has submitted a bid for a grant of around £10M from the Department for Communities and Local Government's Housing Infrastructure Fund.
Council responds to Welborne land acquisition
- 29 September 2017
- Fareham Borough Council is recommending the termination of its procurement process to appoint a creative Delivery Partner for Welborne.
Welborne Healthcare Provision
- 04 September 2017
- Residents of the new Welborne Garden Village will have a health and wellbeing hub on their doorstep within Welborne – that's the message from Fareham Borough Council and lead NHS commissioner for Welborne, Fareham and Gosport Clinical Commissioning Group, after a recent productive meeting to agree how the authorities would work together.
Welborne takes major step forward
- 27 July 2017
- Fareham Borough Council has today been advised that Buckland Development Ltd (BDL) has exchanged contracts on the acquisition of Dean Farm. This means that BDL is now the major landowner for the site proposed for Welborne Garden Village.
Welborne developer conversations begin in earnest
- 19 July 2017
- Fareham Borough Council will embark on the next phase of its delivery strategy to bring forward the new Garden Village at Welborne.
Welborne secures significant developer interest
- 6 June 2017
- Fareham Borough Council has confirmed significant interest from potential delivery partners keen to bring forward the new Garden Village at Welborne.
Funding Confirmed for Welborne Garden Village
- 4 April 2017
- Fareham Borough Council has been awarded over £228k in 'capacity funding' that can be used to progress work to bring the Welborne Garden Village proposal forward. The detail of the funding award was confirmed in a letter to the Council from the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA).
Council invites bids to become Welborne delivery partner
- 24 March 2017
- Fareham Borough Council has published an invitation for bids from developers, investors or consortia across Europe to become the delivery partner for Welborne Garden Village.
Welborne Planning Application
- 20 March 2017
- Fareham Borough Council has received an outline planning application from Buckland Development Limited for up to 6,000 homes at Welborne Garden Village.
Welborne's much needed new homes and jobs move several steps closer
- 6 March 2017
- Fareham Borough Council has confirmed that a planning application for Welborne Garden Village has been received today from Buckland Development Limited.
Procurement Timetable and Overview Information
- 26 January 2017
- The Council is keen to engage the market in early discussions on the best approach to delivering Welborne. The Council is seeking to appoint a delivery partner who shares its vision for Welborne and has a demonstrable track record in delivering the place-making and infrastructure required to realise Welborne.
Council steps up plans to secure Welborne delivery partner
- 09 January 2017
- Fareham Borough Council has set the wheels in motion to find the right delivery partner to build Welborne Garden Village by publishing a Prior Information Notice.
Welborne Garden Village information leaflet
- 09 January 2017
- A brief introduction to Welborne Garden Village.
Welborne – a Garden Village in the making
- 02 January 2017
- Welborne is set to become one of fourteen new English garden villages. The announcement was made today by the Government's Homes & Communities Agency (HCA).